Thursday, September 9, 2010

The event


I guess making a self portrait is quiet a event in itself for any artist. It was not so different for me. :). So here is my first official self portrait. I got a little carried away and ended up overdoing it. But perfection is overrated anyway.

What is on my head is called a phete. I had been to one of my friend's wedding at Satara, Maharashtra and everyone got one of these to wear. I was very fascinated by this and kept it on my head for the entire day.

Final cut

p.s. I worked on it a bit to remove some 'excess age' that has come into the portrait. And here is the final one.

11 comments:

Sandra said...

I've always liked your profile photo wearing the bright orange hat - Such a chearful colour! This is great Prabal. I love the way you have captured the shine on the lips and the cheery expression too :0)

Arti said...

You are doing great, Prabal! All three of your family portraits look like a wonderful series, in similer color schemes, and of course, similarity of features:)

Carol Blackburn said...

Yup, there's that Prabal smile....wonderful job, Prabal.

Crystal Cook said...

Arti is right, this is really a fantastic series you have going on here! Wonderful work on your self portrait Prabal, you've done a really nice job with your lips (which I think is one of the trickiest parts) and the color in your cheeks. And you just look so happy!

Way cool :)

Prabal said...

Sandra,
I am glad you liked it.

Arti,
Yes I am doing this family portrait series. :) And since you do so many portraits you must be able to to see the similarity in features too.

Prabal said...

Carol and Crystal,
I hope my smile makes you smile too. :)

AK said...

Your palette for portraits is really distinct. Fabulous.

M R Anand said...

self portrait..wow! like the colours you have chosen. nice painting Prabal

Sadia said...

Wow Prabal! This series reveals your versatility in attempting different themes,and with such skill!
Excellent!

Prabal said...

AK sir and sparrowhawk,
Thanks you for liking the color scheme..

Sadia,
Sadia these are attempts without skill.. I am trying to develop that skill.

Liana Yarckin said...

prabal, your self portrait is wonderful as are the others you have done. i had no idea this was you because of your profile pic. two very different looks.