Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Going to Konark

Last December I had been to Konark Sun temple after a gap of about 15 years. When I saw the temple after 15 years I was totally amazed and just could not believe the beauty of the temple. Rabindranath Tagore had said the following about this temple. "Here the language of stone surpasses the language of man". The temple is about 800 years old and only the entrance hall of the temple remains today. The main temple is no longer there. Its a world heritage site and a must see for everyone in India and people who visit India.

Konark Sun templeTitle - Going to Konark
Size - 14 inch x 17.5 inch
Medium - Watercolor on paper

11 comments:

V. Deshmukh said...

This is lovely. The temple looks pristine, just the way it should be. Great job, really!!!!

Crystal Cook said...

Really beautiful work Prabal! I'm loving the temple, the figures and those awesome trees on the side :)

Artist said...

I like how you work with colors, just great.

Arti said...

Very nice painting, Prabal..I am yet to visit this part of India-- there is so much to see!

Unknown said...

Prabal this is an amazing painting , lovely composition , the light and contrasting clothing is making a lively scene .

Prabal said...

Vinayak,
Thanks man..You should come and see the temple for real..

Crystal,
You are always so kind with your comments..

Prabal said...

Artist,
I am very happy that you visited my blog and left some nice comments for me.

Arti,
You must visit.. And when you do just let me know.

Rishi,
Thanks for the appreciation. I love the way you do portraits..

pc said...

limited pallette and such lovely lighting !

Brian Leverton said...

Hi Prabal,Great work love the temple realy greatbloggood content i am an artist in australia, it would be good if you could look at my blog and follow it and pass a comment thank you.Brian
http://brianlart.blogspot.com

Prabal said...

PC,
You got me.. I just wanted to use the Indian yellow that we had bought. Took a triad of Indian Yellow, Indian red and ultramarine. Used paynes gray for the darks.

Brian,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I went to your blog. You are an amazing artist

Liana Yarckin said...

i really like the placement of the temple. i feel a pull to follow the subjects in the painting. very good rendering of the crowd with regard to scale and level of detail.