Thursday, April 15, 2010

Some more

Here are some recent watercolor sketches. I just do these sketches without any preparation at all and very quickly, so that my mind has no time to think and hence no bias whatsoever dominates the sketch. No pencil is used for any marking at all and the colors are kept to a maximum of 3-4. If the sketch looks good it sometimes becomes a painting (though the painting never come out better than the sketch).

Sun Temple, Konark

Brihadeshwara temple complex, Tanajavur

Odia village temple

5 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

These are so impressive Prabal!! I love each of them. I think you've captured a lot of feeling in each one. Great work!

Sujit Sudhi said...

I agree with Crystal. Absolutely great work. I love the spontaneity of them. The reflections in "Odia Village Temple" are superb. Keep going.

Art with Liz said...

These are really good Prabal - hard to believe you regard them as just 'sketches'!. I left a longish note on my blog re cricket - getting exciting, isn't it!

Arti said...

These are very good, Prabal.You captured the light very well!Each one deserves to be called a 'painting'!

Prabal said...

Thanks everyone..
These are sketches because of the way they were done. And because they are sketches they will continue to remain better than the paintings because of their spontaneity.