Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thank You

'Bengaluru on Location' finally closed last Tuesday (26th Nov 2013) after 4 days of  show at Chitrakala Parishath. The response this time was really overwhelming. So first of all I want to thank each and every one who helped in making this such a success.

Here are some pics and a short report on the show.

The opening was a big party. It was opened by my sketching club Pencil Jammers. Though everybody had to go through the torture of my nervous speech, I feel they enjoyed the show and the food.









Media was very kind to me in their coverage and reviews. Three top English dailies, namely New Indian Express, The Hindu and Deccan Chronicle and one local daily (Ee Nadu) covered the show and gave good reviews.


Those who missed the show can take a  virtual tour of the show below.



The show was well attended on all four days by people from all walks of life. Everybody seemed to enjoy the show. Many people came back with their families to see the show for the second time. Many artists came back with other artists to see the show again. For some people it was like seeing a dreamy Bangalore in a gallery. 

I'll leave you with some comments from the visitor's book and a few more pics.

"Brilliant Work Prabal. This is the first time I am seeing all your finished watercolors together, and I am really overwhelmed. Love the play of lights and shadows and the beautiful concepts. Keep it up and hope to see more..."

"Beautiful. Excellent watch, each and every one."

"By attending this exhibition my interest towards art has certainly increased. Thank you."

"Excellent impressionist style of watercolors. Loved it."

"Splendid collection of a dreamy Bangalore."

"Beautiful art works with a great sense of perspective and color. "








8 comments:

biswaal said...

wow.. wow.. wow.. keep rocking prabal.. wish you all the best.. two thumbs up..

Studio at the Farm said...

Oh, Prabal, how absolutely wonderful!!! From the newspaper clippings and your photos, it looks like the show was a big success. I am so happy for you and all the Pencil Jammers!
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!
Kathryn XX

Carol Blackburn said...

Prabal, this is so wonderful. I really loved the video tour too. Congratulations on a beautiful show.

ಚುಕ್ಕಿಚಿತ್ತಾರ said...

hi .. we had visited this exhibition.. so wonderful..!
Iam following your blog from years, but I did't know it is you..

ok.. thanks ..

AK said...

Wish I cud have been there. Loss was entirely mine.

Sandra Busby said...

What a wonderful turn out you had! Congratulations Prabal - I am so glad it was so successful! Well deserved :0)

Roopika said...


Congrats for your solo exhibition, Prabal! I’ve been following your blog from pretty much the earliest posts and have seen your journey and skills as an artist getting finer tuned. The write ups are as engaging as the paintings themselves and add to the story behind the strokes. I am assuming that painting – where your heart clearly lies – has become your full time engagement.

I thought I’d take this excuse to ask you one questions that I has always perplexed me about artists. What do you do with the watercolour paintings after an exhibition (the few unsold pieces must take a lot of shelf-space after the framing etc, right?) Moreover, how do you store your artwork on a regular basis?

All the best for many more such exhibitions!

Happy painting!
Roopika

hmuxo said...

Wow! Beautiful work, Prabal. I love this video. I feel like I was there..thank you for taking us along. It looks like it was a big success...
Congratulations, my friend!!!!