Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Some sketches

I was trying do a lot of things here. Some of them were

a. painting quickly
b. painting expressively
c. using darks
d. Painting without being judgemental

The first 3 are on small size paper (about 6" x 7") and the last one is on quarter imperial.

watercolor sketch - random scapeRandom Scape

watercolor sketch - waitingWaiting

watercolor sketch - welcome homeWelcome home

watercolor painting - outside the churchOutside the church

The first sketch 'Random scape' was done completely without any thoughts going into it. Finally it became heavy on one side. But I preferred to leave it like that. After all it was a random sketch.

15 comments:

Mineke Reinders said...

These are all very fresh and spontaneous. I enjoy the abstract quality of 'Random scape' especially. As for it being too heavy on one side, it doesn't bother me. I think, you have a nice balance. The colors in "Outside the church" are very appealing too.

Anonymous said...

i think the first one's the best :)

and the window-flowerpot section of the third one.

cant tell wjy though :-s

~sahu

Prabal said...

Mineke, Thanks. All these pieces draw inspiration from your work to some extent.

Prabal said...

Sahu, Same same. Even I like the same. I also liked the auto in the last one. I also do not know why. :)

Ramesh Jhawar said...

I like the church painting the most!

FitFoodieMegha said...

I like two paintings. One is waiting and second is outside the church. You have taken lots of details in mind while making the last painting.. Well done!

Graphite Pencil Sketch: University of Pune

Ajay Patil said...

The quick paintings have fresh look. weldone

Prabal said...

Thanks Ramesh, Megha and Ajay. I am glad you liked it.

Its really fun trying out new stuff.

Arti said...

Very nice..all of them have character.I like every one of them.Good work!

Prabal said...

Thanks Arti. Character is a great word. I loved the complement. :)

RUPESH PATIL said...

such a expressive paintings prabal!supurb work.

Ambarish Joshi said...

All the paintings are nice , especially the "outside the church" .
Also , Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Prabal said...

Rupesh and Ambarish, thank you very much.

lupus said...

Prabal, really the first one is the best for me, but, the most important here is to work , and you are working hard.¡Bravo!

Big hug.

Enrique.

Prabal said...

Enrique,
Thank you very much. Encouragement always motivates me.