Friday, July 29, 2011

I was tagged by my artist friend Crystal Cook on something called as the 7-links project, whereby I am supposed to decide and talk about the following and also tag 5 other friends.

Your most beautiful post
Your most popular post
Your most controversial post
Your most helpful post
A post whose success surprised you
A post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved
The post you are most proud of

First of all thank you Crystal for tagging me. This post was very tough one. I had to look at all my posts and then decide on each one out of so many posts. But here they are finally.

My most beautiful post
My mom's portrait...


My most popular post
This was a tough one. I mean I really did not know how to pick. Based on the number of comments I received or the content of the comments probably. I finally picked this..

My most controversial post
This one was the toughest. I think this should qualify..


My most helpful post
It has got to be the first post I made. It got started me on a journey that has been more than fulfilling.

A post whose success surprised me
I was painting after a gap. I was not confident. A block kind of thing you know. My hands were not moving properly. And this painting resulted. Though unsure of posting it I still did post it as I had nothing else to post. And of course I was surprised. In fact that is the painting I later started to like and was the first painting to be sold in my recent exhibition.



A post I didn't get the attention it deserved
This was a painting which had gone according to the plan. The washes were just as I wanted it to be. The feel, just as I wanted it to be. And moreover I thought I had been able to capture the essence of tribal living, which was closer to nature. Here it is..



The post I am most proud of
This one was probably the easiest of all. I have been an ardent follower of Indian Ocean and I wanted to make a painting of them after Aseem Da passed away in 2009. But I did not know how to capture the essence of each of them. For this I kept watching their videos, kept sketching from it and took a long time on this process before the final composition came through with each of their personalities coming across. So here it is again....Indian Ocean...


And now its time to tag five friends who have not yet been tagged (hopefully). And they are
1. Ramesh Jhawar
2. Kathy
3. Liz
4. Kathryn Ragan
5. Pat

10 comments:

Arti said...

Your choices are perfect, Prabal...I would have chosen the same posts if I were you :)
I like your mom's portrait the best!

yasha said...

Each piece chosen is a gem.No doubt they hold a special place in your heart.:)

Judy said...

Great to see this selection of your work! I really love your mother's portrait!

V. Deshmukh said...

Wow man! All the paintings are brilliant! Hearty congratulations on the success of your show.

Pat said...

How lovely to see some of your older works. I love your mum's portrait, She is so beautiful. And your tribal living - oh that is breathtaking.

Will try to do the same on Sunday xx

Sandra Busby said...

What a great selection of work - some of which I remember (I too loved the bike) and some of which I had never seen! Lovely :0)

Crystal Cook said...

Prabal this is fantastic!! I love this whole idea because it lets us followers of your blog see the posts that mean the most to you. :) And I agree with all your picks, especially the bike, your mother, Indian Ocean, well all of them really. Such great work Prabal. I'm glad you started on this journey so I could get to know you and see your awesome work. And congrats on the success of your solo show, but that wasn't really a surprise, I knew you'd do great.

Dipti said...

Hi Prabal, all the pics are really great.Many congrats on the success of your first solo exhibition! Planned to visit ur show but for some reason I could not :( Anyway great to see the updates in ur blog :)

Prabal said...

Arti, Yasha, Judy, Vinayak, Sandra, Pat, Dipti,

Thank you so much. I am so glad that you ppl enjoyed it..

Crystal,
First of all thanks for tagging me. The post was a big task, but a satisfying one. And also thank you for your wishes for the show. In fact everybody's wishes contributed to my show. And I know you were there in spirit with me. :)
Huzzah.

Meera Rao said...

I concur with the comments before me --nicely done :) -wonderful paintings all.