Thursday, September 10, 2009

An Indian Summer

An Indian Summer - Watercolor on paper
The world weather is changing. Here too the weather cycle seems to have shifted. Summer is hotter and is extended now. Monsoons have not hit India in time this year. Here is a painting of a scene of summer in India.

It is done from a photo. Almost undiluted colour was used to get the darks. This is the first painting where I have used the darks so dark. Going against the rules again I also used some ivory black with blue for the darks.


9 comments:

Arti said...

Hello Prabal, I think your paintings are wonderful.This one is exceptionally good, as it deals with shadows quite effeciently.Keep up the good work.You can join me on my 'Arti's art: Life as I see it" blog..it will get more people look at your work ...

Mineke Reinders said...

I think your fearless approach to darks is paying off - this is a nice and strong composition, which conveys the heat of a summer day very well. You can achieve even richer darks if you mix in some warm colors (quinacridone red, sepia) and let them mingle on the paper. Only an idea ... this succeeds very well.

Prabal said...

Mineke, thanks a lot for visiting my blog and leaving your valuable comments and suggestions. I'll surely try that out.

Prabal said...

Arti, thaks for visiting my blog and for the appreciation as well. I have joined your blog too.

pc said...

pappu ! ..this is a guru material !
great job..

Prabal said...

Thanks PC (pea sea).

ruchi said...

This painting in particular attracts due to its simplicity , I really like it..

Liana Yarckin said...

love it! everything is wonderful about it!

Prabal said...

Thanks Liana. Thanks da Bharat. This is one of my favorites too.