Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mysore Trip Post - V

Date - 31st March
Time - 09 : 00 AM

It was our last day at Mysore and we were going to Chamundi hills to paint. The previous day evening we had made a quick trip to Chamundi hills to find a spot, where we could paint the next day as we did not want to waste time searching for a spot. And I had also managed to make a quick sketch, though most of it was done in dark as the sun seems to set too quickly on a hill.

When we reached Chamundi hills our spot was not quiet as good as it was the day before. The reason being the previous day we had seen the spot in afternoon sun light and today it was the morning sun. So now again we had to find a new place. After drving around for sometime we decided to settle down at this place, where we got a little shade and a decent enough view.

I usually paint quarter sheets outdoors, but Madhu encouraged me to go for half sheet and he passed a Langton half sheet to me. the scene was complex. the sun was rising fast. Not to mention the wind and on top of that half sheet. It was going to be difficult and it was. I struggled quiet a bit and soon the sun was beating down hard. We planned to return with unfinished works. Later in the studio I completed it. 

We were back in the hotel and after a little freshening up we were on our way back to Bangalore. Mysore trip had ended, but not with a satisfactory work.

To be continued............


En Plein Air at Chamundi Hills, Mysore 31st March 2014
14 x 21 inch


The sketch done in dark




2 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Prabal, I so much admire your tenacity in plein air. This session sounds like it was particularly difficult.
Kathryn XX

Sandra Busby said...

I admire your ability to paint outdoors no matter what elements you face! I either can't stand the sun glaring from the white paper or I don't like the cold! So I tend to stick to my studio! I think your paintings are lovely! :0)