Wednesday, August 29, 2012


The title is not Math as in mathematics as most would think. Math (in Hindi and Odia) generally means a place where holy men (Sadhus) stay. This is a math in my village Bhusandpur in Odisha. The math complex has temples dedicated to different Gods and Godesses. The two temples that you can see in this photo are that of Hanuman and Jagannath.

Anyway coming to the painting, I am not at all happy with it. The villages in India have such a different atmosphere and mood. It is so different from cities. And since I am not so used to that kind of mood it becomes very difficult to paint it. But still I keep trying. One day I hope I'll be able to get that mood on paper successfully.

I have been on a little bit of travel cut off from the internet most of the time. So I have not been really able to paint and post of late. And I have also not been able to visit all your blogs on a regular basis. Looks like it is going to continue like this for some time. Hopefully by October everything will be sorted out.

And yes I'll be taking a workshop in October in Bangalore. Details will soon follow. 

Signing off now. Have a great day.

Title : Hanumant Math
Size : 15 x 22 inch
Medium: Watercolor on paper

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A warm beginning

After the last rainy painting, I thought you may need some sun. :)
This is done from a sketch I had done sometime back for Morning Mood, Bangalore series. Somehow I had forgotten about it. When I saw it recently I had to paint it.

Wishing you all a great weekend. 

Title : A warm beginning (MMB - V)
Size : 15 x 22 inch
Medium : Watercolor on paper

Friday, August 10, 2012

Red Truck @ Empire

The rainy season started a little late here this year. It is raining now a days, but not as much as it should  be raining. But it is enough for a painting I guess. :)

Title : Red Truck @ Empire
Size : 26 x 20 inch
Medium : Watercolor on paper

Friday, August 3, 2012

Morning Dew

90% of the painting was done in a single wash and I loved that. The rest 10% really did not add anything to the final product. I wish I had taken a picture of the first wash.
Anyways can you feel the dew!!!!!!

Title : Morning Dew
Size : 15 x 22 inch
Medium : Watercolor on paper