Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Himachal Village


I was doing a Google search on Himachal Pradesh and Manali when I came across a photograph, that caught my eye and I wanted to paint it. But there was something about the picture that I thought was quiet not right. I did a value sketch before painting it to find out what was troubling me. But I just could not make out.

Anyhow I went forward and did the painting. When the painting was complete I understood what was it that was troubling me. And then I did that, 'what should not be done' :). I 'corrected' that part of the painting. I know watercolors should not be corrected and I kind of murdered the painting by correcting it, but for me if I had left it like that it was dead anyway.

What I want to know now is can you guess where the correction was made? :). I'll post the uncorrected version in the next post.

6 comments:

FitFoodieMegha said...

Well, That would be the puzzle of the day...:) What I was able to guess was roof-tops with green and brown shade and the temple coming out of the tree. I don't know whether it is correct or not, but I had the manali feel with your art-work. Great job again Prabal!

Ramesh Jhawar said...

A beautiful painting, Prabal! Only thing that needs to be drawn correctly is the cart wheel. I guess you have corrected the tonal values!

pc said...

I know the answer to your puzzle :)

well done !

Aruna Sarode said...

I like the roofs and the point of view of this painting. I can't pin-point the corrected area so, you did a good job. You may be feeling the way you feel only because you have fixed it and constantly look at that area!

Arti said...

Looks quite good to me! Only the cart and the road around it looks like it was re-touched.The painting is very good, I like the tiled roof-tops and the zig-zag of wires ( truly Indian feel!)

Prabal said...

Thanks everyone for liking it.

Arti, you are bang on. The part of the painting containing the cart and the road around it was retouched. And as Ramesh pointed out I did not get the perspective of the cart right.

I'll post everything about this painting tonight.