Thursday, September 16, 2010

Portrait Four and More


This is my sister Smita. I kind of screwed up this one. I think I need to concentrate more. Anyways the title of the post says Portrait Four and More. So here is the 'More' stuff.

Have you ever experienced this feeling where nothing seems to exist. Not even yourself. The only thing that exists is pure bliss (using bliss for the lack of better words to describe the experience).

Today I attended a Sitar concert by Maestro Niladri Kumar. Sitar is a beautiful instrument and its beauty was brought to life by the maestro today. It was part Hindustani classical and part fusion concert. I just cant describe the experience of attending the concert. He also played Zitar (an electric version of Sitar which is invented by him). And to give him company there were some other great musicians. There are a lot of videos available on youtube. For starters you can try one fusion one here and a classical one here.

Music is the highest form of all arts and I feel blessed when I get to hear such great music.

10 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Prabal....Your sister must be pleased with such a beautiful portrait. I listened to Niladri Kumar with my grandson Jacob who says, "that guy is pretty cool." We totally enjoyed the videos. Thank you for sharing.

Arti said...

I think the portrait is quite good! I am amazed at the resemblance that you all share!You are doing very good with portraits, Prabl- keep it up!

Sandra Busby said...

Your portraits are so good Prabal. Each one get's better and better.
:0)

Prabal said...

Carol,
I am very happy to know that you along with your grandson listened to Niladri Kumar and enjoyed it. Yes that guy is actually pretty cool. :). I am going to buy some of his CD's.

Arti,
Thanks again for those encouraging words. Actually even I am realizing that we have common features by doing the portraits. :)

Sandra,
You really think so. Well I am happy that you are enjoying them.

Kathy said...

I left you a comment, but it didn't get to you so I will try again. You are a brave young man to try portraits. And, you are doing well with them. I like this one the best. Give her the yellow hat and it would look like you, lol.

Crystal Cook said...

I think it's a lovely portrait Prabal! Your sister has such a bright, happy face :)

AK said...

I think the portrait is fantastic. The kind of unruly hair has come out really well.

Art with Liz said...

Hi Prabal, I've had a great time going through all these portraits that I've missed! They're getting better and better and this one of your sister is lovely.
And what an amazing musician! So young and so talented. Really enjoyed the video.

Liana Yarckin said...

your sister is beautiful. you did a nice job on the curls and her smile.

Prabal said...

My sister saw all the comments just now. She says thanks to everyone cuz everyone found her beautiful. :)

Kathy,
I dont log into FB much. Same for this blog also. :). But I did get your message later. Yes with the yellow/orange hat she looks exactly like me.

Liz,
I am very happy that you heard Niladri Kumar. He is indeed very young and very talented.