Saturday, August 3, 2013

Loco

Three weeks back I had gone to sketch in Military memorial with my sketching group. I did not get much time there as I had other plans for the day. However I made some study sketches of this old train engine that was kept on display. Back in studio I did this small painting. 

I really dont do much of such paintings whereby I am painting an object or in other words still life (Though this is huge I guess it still qualifies to be a still life in natural setup :)). So its always challenging for me. Compared to landscapes where the mood is what I am striving for, here I am unclear about what is that I must strive for. Is it the light, the textures, the details... I really dont know. So I just go with the flow. And sometimes because of that the final output comes out completely unexpected.

What do you do when you are unclear. I would like to hear from you.

Have a great week ahead.


Loco
11 x 15 inch

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Wonderful painting, Prabal.....

Sandra Busby said...

I wouldn't know where to start with a subject like this! You have done an amazing job! I am unclear with bear number 8 right now. It's at that stage where it looks awful and I can't see past it. It's my least favorite stage of a painting...

Studio at the Farm said...

Hi Prabal! I think going with the flow works extremely well for you!!! This is a fabulous painting! I love how you have integrated the back of the engine with the foliage, and how you interpreted the leaves in general. Beautiful work!!!

Kim Vanlandingham said...

The painting is wonderful. I don't know why..perhaps because I had a grandfather that worked on trains, but I like going with an emotional response with old cars/trains etc. Love your work!

hmuxo said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Prabal!
love the cropped version and gorgeous colors.!