Saturday, January 16, 2010

An Experimental weekend

flower study watercolorThis weekend happened to be very experimental in nature. I hardly do flowers (have done it only once before). The complexity of form and colors of flowers scare me. And on Saturday for a change I did some flowers from a live setup with PC. Idea was that of PC. I was not able to simplify what I was seeing and was getting caught up in the details. It took about 3 hours to complete it (with a break of about an hour in between because of power failure) and had a lot to learn from the experience.

ripples watercolorIn the second painting which was done on Friday I wanted to capture the ripples in the pond. After looking at some photographs I kind of got an idea about the characteristics, but could not translate it on to the paper. I think I'll give it a fresh try after some days.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Toll, scöne Farben, gefällt mir sehr gut.


Viele Grüße Werner

(^_^) said...

My god! Have you given birth in the spring me.You are too good.
By
Lilly

pc said...

@flower
The background is creating good emphasis on the flowers. Good that you changed it at the end.

@refections
This has come out well..
But, I see that the ripples have less randomness (entire water has almost same pattern). Also, there is a usage of light green in the water (left) and its counterpart is missing in the trees..

Prabal said...

Werner,

Thanks for liking it.

Lilly,

Thanks to you too. :)

Prabal said...

PC,

I did not like the second painting for the same reasons you mentioned.

Sailin Gudhka said...

Nice painting.

Prabal said...

Sai, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your comments.

Nilofer said...

hiiiiiiii........i love flowers....
and this painting is nice to see....
creating a painting in more realistic view makes awesome....

But the original format of making the painting as painting is really looks nice....while yours...